Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roll with the punches, tomorrow is a new day...

And if you are lucky, a new party!
What’s the hardest part of this blog?  Not the cooking, not the budgeting (although that has its moments), not even the dishes; without a doubt it’s the scheduling.  Throwing dinner parties amidst every day life is difficult as a host, and then you add the schedules of your guests.  People have bad days, they get sick, they get summoned to traffic court, and as I learned this week, they confuse travel destinations. 
Anticipating a family member’s visit, I planned to host a spring happy hour.  After this visit was rescheduled via transatlantic phone call, I canceled said party and decided to take the week to enjoy my husband, our new patio, and the peace and quiet of having the oldest child away at sleep-away camp.  However, then I learned that some great friends also had an open week and it seemed a better idea to share an evening on the patio with a family style dinner.  Our Menu:
Chips and Salsa with Fresh Guacamole
Emeril’s Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream
All this Mexican food makes me crave lime juice and tequila.... Ina, can you hear me? 

1 comment: