Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

One day after a successful pool party (aftermath post to come) I am back in the kitchen for another impromptu dinner.  I have never thrown parties on consecutive days so I guess we will see what happens. 
Though it has come on last minute, I have been preparing for this dinner since September 12, 2009... The menu has gone through several drafts, multiple guests lists, and at least 4 rescheduled dates.  She is the one person for whom I can not wait cook. No, Ina Garten is not gracing my doorstep...my mother is. 
I did have the pleasure of cooking for my mother back in March when I took Just Bring Wine on the road, however I have always wanted her to see how my weekly parties run.  So, when a last minute in-and-out visit was put on the calendar I bought some fresh flowers, scheduled a house cleaning, and cracked open my Back to Basics cookbook.  Our Menu:
Spatchcocked Chicken 
 Farfalle with Spring Peas, Cream and Proscuitto
Garden Salad with Fresh Vinaigrette 
Garlic Ciabatta Bread
French Apple Tart
When I told my mother to come to my house for dinner tonight, she said “please don’t fuss, but out of curiosity what are we having?” seems like we are off to a good start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment