Friday, April 9, 2010

And then you're on the fly.....

Some say that life is what happens when you're making plans.  I say life is what happens when you're cooking.  Luckily, everyone ends up in the kitchen and when you least expect it, you can have a party.  So with a family dinner for four planned, amidst development day for my favorite judge's birthday, a party for twelve has ensured.  Our menu:

Blue Diamond Gluten Free Crackers and Cheese
Bacon Covered Meatloaf 
 Fried Potato Cakes
Bibb Lettuce Salad with Fresh Vinaigrette
Homemade Cookies

My first year in college I had an English teacher named Dr. Fellows;  she is the reason I'm a writer.  Our first assignment in her class involved Michael Ondaatje's Running in the Family..... tonight as I write, cook, and dig through my purse to find some makeup, I think of her and declare that meatloaf is what runs in the family.  Every family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment