Thursday, September 3, 2009

Everything happens for a reason

Each cloud has a silver lining

Tomorrow is a new day



I have heard these phrases more in the past eighteen months than I have in my entire life.  And that's tough; I was in a sorority.  


I have decided that one of the few positives during horrid economics is the celebration of the home cook.  In 2007 I considered myself a pretty good cook.  In 2008 cooking was my coping mechanism.  In 2009 it is a passion bordering obsession.  So why not spend one year celebrating my favorite things in life: my family and friends, and the inevitable laughter when you combine them with good food and wine, and stir until the lumps dissolve.  


Beginning September 13, 2009, and ending September 6, 2010, I will host 52 parties.  Each party will host anywhere from two to twenty friends, I will do all the cooking, and never repeat a recipe.  I will work around food intolerances, personality intolerances, and still get the kids to and from school on time. 


I can’t wait to spend time each week with the friends and family I am so lucky to have.    


What do I need these cherished guests to bring?  

Just a bottle of wine.

3 comments:

  1. Very a la Julia and me or whatever the name of that movie is. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. I used to have guests over every Friday night... it can be challenging, but very rewarding. Planning ahead and being easy on yourself is key. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read what happens. Hopefully I'll have the privilege once in a while of being a dissolving lump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok - when's my invitation and I can only guess that the "food intolerances" is directed at me - of course not the personality intolerance - because usually i'm on voice rest and can't get into too much trouble.. looking forward to seeing you all soon and I will be happy to bring... "just a bottle (or three) of wine. xo Kristine

    ReplyDelete