Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
- Parties Completed: 3
- Weeks Before Deadline: 49
- Justified Purchases: 12 ramekins, 6 dessert plates, 6 teaspoons, 12 white wine glasses, theme appropriate salt and pepper shakers.
- Bottles of wine consumed: 2 ish
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
- Fried shrimp with remoulade and cocktail sauce
- A copycat recipe of the Red Lobster cheese biscuit with garlic butter
- Traditional dinner salad, and by traditional I mean boring
- Mediterranean fish soup with shrimp
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream with dark chocolate shards.
- Parties Completed: 1
- Weeks until deadline: 51
- Justified Purchases: 2 (cloth napkins and a jazzy printed apron)
- Bottles of wine consumed: 4 ish
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Everything happens for a reason
Each cloud has a silver lining
Tomorrow is a new day
I have heard these phrases more in the past eighteen months than I have in my entire life. And that's tough; I was in a sorority.
I have decided that one of the few positives during horrid economics is the celebration of the home cook. In 2007 I considered myself a pretty good cook. In 2008 cooking was my coping mechanism. In 2009 it is a passion bordering obsession. So why not spend one year celebrating my favorite things in life: my family and friends, and the inevitable laughter when you combine them with good food and wine, and stir until the lumps dissolve.
Beginning September 13, 2009, and ending September 6, 2010, I will host 52 parties. Each party will host anywhere from two to twenty friends, I will do all the cooking, and never repeat a recipe. I will work around food intolerances, personality intolerances, and still get the kids to and from school on time.
I can’t wait to spend time each week with the friends and family I am so lucky to have.
What do I need these cherished guests to bring?
Just a bottle of wine.