Monday, November 30, 2009

'Tis the Season

For some, the holiday season is all about effortless gatherings of friends and family, and strolls through the shopping mall.  For others, this time is about overcommitting, looming deadlines, and the over consumption of alcoholic drinks.



On the heels of a family trip, in the midst of an extensive work week, and with a baking party scheduled for Friday, my husband persuaded me to host a last minute dinner party. Tonight.  (I folded easily under flattery.) I have watched enough Food Network to have a last minute menu memorized, however, my go-to Risotto Primavera and Salad with a Bacon Dressing was vetoed; my guests are Los Angeles refugees and vegetarian.  (one in the same right)?


Alas, I give you my first attempt at a vegetarian dinner party:


Provencal Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs
Mescaline Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Crusty Baguette
Caramel Pecan Sundaes


After the heavy Thanksgiving cuisine, perhaps a lighter meal is a good choice.  For tonight anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment