Saturday, November 21, 2009

A 90210 Holiday

Beginning in middle school and steady through college I was a 90210 junkie.  I wanted to eat at the Peach Pit, attend prom at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and ride off into the sunset in a black Speedster with my post-rehab boyfriend. 


The ‘very special holiday’ 90210 episodes were my favorite; Cindy Walsh baked a ham, Brandon saved the homeless, Kelly cried about her coked out mother, and Donna whined about her birthday.  I loved these episodes because despite the intense drama, each one ended with a piano solo of the theme song, and a feel good moment among friends.  So, before the family commitments of Thanksgiving week take hold, I decided to invite my most 90210-ish friends for a little fall cuisine and classic Thanksgiving cinema.  


 Menu:
Rosemary Cornbread served with Cheese and Olives
Chili-Spiced Chicken with a Pumpkin Seed Sauce
Sweet Potato Salad
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Ice Cream


Hopefully, the evening will end without an attempted murder, drug bust, or pain killer addiction... I mean we’re Southerners, not southern Californians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment