Monday, November 16, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Maybe it’s because I have a long list of things to be thankful for, maybe it’s because turkeys were on sale at HEB, or maybe it is because Food Network Magazine was full of recipes that utilized Thanksgiving leftovers, and my family has planned to eat out this holiday; motive aside, I’m determined to make a Thanksgiving meal.  So, before my friends join their families for a feast this Thanksgiving, they have agreed to meet me for a little precursor.  Armed with wine and an elastic waistband, my guests will munch on the following:



Perfect Roasted Turkey
Homemade Gravy
Roasted Carrots
Mom’s Mashed Potatoes
Bacon and Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing
Pumpkin Pie


Personally, I think the name ‘Perfect Roasted Turkey’ is setting the bar a little high.  Let’s hope Ina Garten pulls me through as usual!  I can’t help but expect all of us to look like Campbell Soup Kids Tuesday morning after ingesting all of these carbs... ‘Tis the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment