Monday, August 16, 2010

Feeding the angry, moody and depressed

My favorite part of this project is bringing people together over a meal.  After giving me their afternoon or evening, people who may not have met otherwise have shared conversations, wine and hopefully a few laughs.  However,  my favorite task as a cook is to encourage younger people to try something new.  Bring me your moody, your finicky, and your immature; I will serve them up something fresh and flavorful that even they will love.  

This week, as we savor the last week of summer, relatives from all over the state have dropped in for a visit.  With the summer sun blazing, I decided to lure over the moody teenagers for a day of swimming, relaxation, and some great food.  What do you serve the guest who only likes junk food?  Junk that they will not soon forget.  Our menu:   

Polenta Pancakes with Warm Syrup
and for lunch
Bruschetta Hot Dogs
Parmesan French Fries
Strawberry Milkshakes

I'm embracing my Italian grandmother alter ego today; they will eat or suffer the consequences!  

No comments:

Post a Comment