Friday, August 13, 2010

Misty water colored memories....

A lifetime ago, I hosted my third dinner party for Just Bring Wine.  My friend Food Intolerance and her beau joined my husband and I for what was my first gluten-free cooking experience.  Over many bottles of white wine, Food Intolerance and I talked about all things possible and ultimately, a close friendship was born.  Throughout the next few months she and I endured a lifetime of scenarios made easier by support, a large helping of laughter, a few bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and over two dozen parties.  This week, as my dear friend celebrates her birthday, I thought it only fitting to host a blog party in her honor; one that pays homage to the afternoons spent baking muffins with breaks made only for a bowl of homemade soup (ours or her mother's) and perhaps a glass or two.  Our menu:

White Bean Soup with Fresh Rosemary
Garden Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
Coffee Spiked Vanilla Ice Cream 

An afternoon to celebrate the year for all that it was; once partners in business but forever partners in crime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment