Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Rainy Saturday

There are few things I find less inspiring than a rainy day.  Where the sunny weekend inspires yard work and family days at the pool, the rainy day suggests little more than the bare minimum.  After what felt like a marathon of parties, this weekend was slated as a wonderful break in the action.  However, when a few friends suggested an evening of movies and wine I could not help but throw in dinner.  After all, we still have to eat!  Our Menu:
Cracked Pepper Spiced Popcorn
Memphis Monte Cristo
Spicy Corn Chowder
Oatmeal Cookies
In high school ‘lets watch a movie’ was code for ‘lets make out.’ Tonight, I’ll be sharing the couch with my kids and my hairdresser. It appears that, with age, some things do change entirely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment