Friday, June 11, 2010

Just Bring Whine?

 I always hoped this blog would inspire people to come together and break bread, however nothing surprised me more than my moody preteen’s request for a ‘cooking birthday party.’  It seems that the years of Chuck E Cheese pizza and cakes from the corner bakery have come to past, and it’s now time to prepare fresh pizza dough balls before a sea of tweens invade the kitchen for a pizza making party.  Not one to waste a day in the kitchen, a few parents have agreed to meet my husband and I on the patio for a gourmet version of the meal and perhaps an adult beverage. Our menu:
Vegetable Fritto Misto with Lemon Mayonnaise
Quatttro Stagioni Pizza
Giant Donut Cake ( with eleven candles) 
I like to end a sleep over on a good note, and therefore always serve a large breakfast.  This year, I decided to go one step further and offer a brunch with dishes for those who want to leisurely munch, and portable goodies for the grab and go parents.  Our menu: 
Cinnamon Chip Scones
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Frittata with Summer Squash
Virgin Mary’s
Virgin Mary’s in place of mimosas? Though confident that tonight’s drama will not rise above Team Edward vs. Team Jacob, I’m also realistic.  After an evening spent with preteens, we will certainly need a cocktail or religion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment