Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Years Keep Comin'

"The older you get the faster the years pass."


My father has insisted on this for as long as I can remember.  It gives me great pain to admit that he was right.  The months seem to pass like weeks, and I swear I just turned 27... alas, I arrive at my 32nd birthday this very week.  


Trying to decide how I would celebrate the new milestone, I reminisced on birthdays past. My kindergarten party with cupcakes and juice when the school day stopped merely to wish me well.  My tenth birthday in my parents basement; nine girlfriends with pizza, soda, and a rented movie in the Betamax.  As a firm believer that life’s best years are always in front of you, I decided it was high time for a throw-back birthday.  A few girlfriends, better food, and perhaps a spiked birthday punch.  


Queso Fundido
Chips with Guacamole and Salsa
Chicken Enchiladas
Rich Chocolate Cake 


At 10, we had to be quiet because my parents were upstairs.  At 32, we have to be quiet because my husband and two kids are upstairs.  I guess some things never change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment