Thursday, July 8, 2010

A menu Michael Pollan would love!

Good things happen when people sit down and eat.  Food brings people together, it encourages conversation, and sometimes it adds an entire new element to your dinner party.  While lounging in pajamas at Party #37, I learned that one of my guests was not only a deliverer of wonderful Malbecs, but a fantastic artist.  After a few conversations, and a quick look through his portfolio I asked if he would be willing to show some art for one of my parties... Luckily, I have wonderful friends.  
What does this have to do with Michael Pollan?  Well, for the first time this summer my family has participated in a CSA with Wood Duck Farm.  Each week we pick up a large bag of local farm fresh vegetables and head to the kitchen for some creative cooking.  So, this week friends will tote their wine and brave the rainy weather for some farm fresh food and city inspired art.  Our menu:
Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe
Grilled Zucchini Wrapped Mozzarella
Fresh Gazpacho
Homemade Brioche with Herb Butter
White Bean, Tuna, and Potato Salad
Peach Cobbler*
The (*) Well... Mama is running a bit behind this morning.  My husband has requested a peach cobbler, however I may change this option to grilled peaches topped with whipped cream,  or home canned cherries in wine. Better get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment